Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Story

Scooter you got to go! So I did. I was 19 years old with no where to go. My parents had moved to Florida, both my brothers were off in collage and I was alone. Damn, it was cold and I swear it seemed to have rained every night! Literally! Some nights it was so bad that I couldn't feel my hands and feet for hours. Soaked from head to toe but I have to keep moving. I had to learn how to sleep standing up because that’s how I slept most nights. It was the longest 3 months I had ever had in my life but I mad it through. You see, I was staying with my girlfriend and her parents when I got her pregnant. She was only 17 and Moms wasn’t about to let her have a baby. So, of course I had to get out of the house. Scooter, you got to go! So I did. I walked for miles with very little sleep and very little to eat. I showered at a friend’s house while his parents were at work and when possible I’d get a few hours sleep then back to the streets. You’re a man now I kept telling myself, you’re a man now! When did you realize you were a man or a woman for that matter? Let’s share experiences and we’ll all see that we’re not all that different. We all have ups and downs; it’s how you deal with the tough situations that determine what kind of man or woman you are. That’s just a little something to break the ice. I’d love to hear your story. Please feel free to talk to me, I’d love to listen.

No comments: